Current Series

Current Series
*For sermon audio see our main site: www.wbchamilton.com

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Trust : Job 7:17-18

[This post is courtesy of Zac!]

17 "What is man that you make so much of him,
that you give him so much attention,
18 that you examine him every morning
and test him every moment? (NIV)
In this particular situation, Job cries out to God because of his pain and misfortune. Despite this pain and misfortune, his statement speaks truth. God has created us all in his own image, each and every one of us. Many of us are different and unique, but all share one main purpose: the purpose of attaining different spiritual gifts for the advancement of His kingdom. Instead of feeling remorse we should be rejoicing - for what responsibility is greater than that of sharing the Gospel? Each and every one of us will face obstacles along our walks of life, but it is through trusting our Lord and Saviour amongst these trials that we will be blessed always. Just a few days ago, I was listening to a preacher on the internet who was speaking from one of the most profound verses in the bible, Proverbs 3:5-6:

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight. (NIV)
What was so special about this sermon [to me] was that it included the insights from many people's lives(personal testimonies). I find that personal testimonies are most encouraging and thought provoking. From just one of them, I would like to share a (anonymous) man's closing thoughts.

He said: "I am walking where I need to be walking and trusting God in what I need to be trusting in Him. I've got really nothing to worry about. I'm going to go through trials and I'm going to go through situations, but God has placed those in front of me knowing that if I rely on him there's a better outcome than I could have ever imagined". Wow! (This man was speaking from a troubled past)

Therefore, the preacher concluded that in verse 5 of Proverbs 3, as followers of Christ, "God wants everything, just trust Him in every part of your life, the bible says trust in all your ways. Verse 6 is God's part: he'll make your paths straight". He then ended on a funny note: "What a slam dunk deal, my part is trust, in all my ways I'll trust, and then God is going to make your path and my path straight".

Our Father, "examines us every morning and tests us every moment". Under such knowledge we should then always be aware of what God can and will do each and every day of our lives, whether enduring times of trouble or abiding in times of praise. (This of course through trust). We may feel frightened or scared at this but also blessed, for we know our Lord is always watching. It is my prayer that God may
take away any sin from me, (and those who are reading this as well) for I know that my sin may keep others from knowing Christ. With this guidance from His word, help us to know what it is required of us to fulfill the will of God. Help us to see the grace, care, and attention God gives us. Not so much that it clouds our vision of His power. I also pray for humbleness, for it is beyond our power to do any of this. We must all use our gifts from God appropriately and effectively. I leave with this vow of praise from Psalm 51:13-17.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.
14 Save me from bloodguilt, O God,
the God who saves me,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment