Current Series

Current Series
*For sermon audio see our main site: www.wbchamilton.com

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Psalm of David: a devotion for our lives!

Psalm 13

3 Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;
light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,

4 lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”
lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken. (ESV)

Lord, let this be our prayer, a prayer to which announces the true light we have in our lives: Jesus. You are our light, light up our eyes, and restore the light to my eyes! May Jesus be our main focus everyday, our light amongst the darkness, our inextinguishable light that keeps us illuminated to be more and more like him. May our lives reflect him in every way to all, least my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him," least my foes rejoice because I am shaken. Consider and answer me, O Lord my God; that we should be reminded of your love, your joy, and your grace. For if we know Jesus as our personal Lord and Saviour, if we are born again with such a new birth: you give purpose to our everyday. When we fall, you pick us back up. Our rejoicing lifted high because you have rescued us. Our only Rescuer, our only Redeemer, our only Saviour!

Even when it may seem like our enemies have the upper hand and sorrow dwells within the heart - let this be made known, through trusting in him and knowing we have been rescued, we will continually be rescued everyday and can rejoice, because he has been so good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment